Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Closet quick fix

 After moving in and getting some of the unpacking done, my son's closet looked like this:


Look at all that unused space - that just will not do! Especially when my living room looked like this:


We already had all the bins except the white ones which I purchased at The Dollar General. I don't hang up any of my son's clothes because they fit in his dresser just fine and it's easier, so his closet was going to become toy storage.

I was able to score the wood for the shelves for free from a friend! They also cut me some strips of wood to go on the wall for the shelves to sit on. I bought 2 brackets for the middle of each shelf at Ace Hardware.


I ended up having to call my Dad for help (Thanks Dad!) because I didn't noticed the inside of the closet had trim all around the doorway. So, I needed the shelves trimmed just 1/4 of an inch. We don't have a saw, so he trimmed them for me and even hung them up for me while he was there. Isn't he great!

Here's what his closet looks like now:

.

So much better! During the week he usually just plays with his train table and kitchen and we play a lot of hide and seek as a family. But on the weekends we pull all the toys out for him and he has a ball. He can't open the door, so we don't have to worry about climbing -yet. We will cross that bridge when we get there. Hopefully not for a while!

Linking to Tutorials & Tips Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment