Friday, February 11, 2011

The Beginning

My husband and I have been house hunting for several months now. We finally found a house in our price range that we both love. We have an accepted offer on the house and are beginning the process of buying it. We still have to have an inspection, appraisal, and get through the financing.

I love to decorate. I love looking at everything that is out there - even if it isn't my style or isn't something I can work into our house. I wanted to set up this blog to track everything that we do to make our first house our home. I also want to set up mood boards for all the styles out there that I love, but just can't use in our house.

Also, I am passionate about using what you have, upcycling, repurposing, or finding things cheap. I believe if you decorate on a budget than you can do a lot more and change things up more often because you aren't made to keep something because you paid so much for it.

I haven't used a lot of power tools in my life - really just a drill. But, I want to eventually try to build a few things and try out some tools. It might take a little while for me to build up the courage and I'll have to start slow, but I would love to be able to do it!

So that is mainly what you will see on this blog. I have an adorable 2 year old son, so I can't promise that there won't be a little bit of talk about him as well! I hope you enjoy it! I will try to update often, so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment