Thursday, June 9, 2011

Current State of our house- Part 2

Sorry this post is a little late. But, good news - you can expect better blog pictures from now on. I'm still using my cheapy camera because it's just best that way - read here. But, I found a new setting on the camera that is making the pictures wider. I knew something was off, I just couldn't figure out how to fix it for a while. I also learned about Picnik.com. Have you heard about this? It is a website to edit your photos and it's FREE! Love it!

So on to our tour. Let's start with the kitchen. Here's what it looked like when we closed:




And what it looks like now. Really all we've done in here is strip wallpaper, paint, move our furniture in, and install the microwave.

This is the view from the front door:
 The dining area from the doorway. Bags on the floor are for a living room project we are tackling this weekend!
 Rest of the cabinetry. To the left is the door to the backyard. Also, what do you think about all the clear glass on top of the cabinets? I just used what I had, but I'm thinking of thrifting more pieces and doing it all the way across. This picture probably shows the most accurate paint color. It's Bungalow Beige from Sherwin Williams.
 Dining area from the back door.
And I just noticed I didn't get the stove and microwave. It's beside the fridge.

And now for Harrison's room, which I LOVE! We didn't take a before picture because it was just a white room. Here's how it looks now:

View from the door. There is a window to the right.

 You can see part of the dresser in the picture above. Here is the dresser wall. I have lots of plans for this wall. (Oops, there were toys under that dresser!)
 And to the right of the door is his train table which he loves. I also have big plans for this wall. To the right is his closet which recently underwent some changes. Post coming soon!
The blue is a little brighter than it looks in these pictures, but you get the idea. We don't have a theme for his room. Just colorful, boy stuff and I'm especially drawn to vintage-y stuff.  We already have several things to hang in his room, but just haven't gotten to it yet. I do most of my hanging when he's napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment