Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My First Mood Board

First off, we are closing on our house next week- Finally! We are super excited and ready to start working. I can also start posting as I'll have something to show!
________________________________________________________________
For whatever reason, I don't like the phrase mood board. From now on I will call them inspiration boards. Hows that!


So for my first inspiration board I decided to use Mydeco. I was so suprised by how easy it was! The only problem I had was trying to get it to the blog, but it didn't take too long to figure that out either (after you save the board you have to go to your profile and there is the option to embed). You can use your own pictures or they have a TON to choose from.


So as you can probably tell, this inspiration board is for our future eat in kitchen. I am going for a country farmhouse look, with a little touch of modern and a pop of color.


Starting in the top left corner and going clockwise:



  1. The walls will be painted in Sherwin Williams Bungalow Beige

  2. I would like to make curtains in a fun geometric pattern kind of like this one.

  3. If I can find one for the right price, I really want a farmhouse sink. I have a couple of ideas where I might can find a discounted one, so we will see.

  4. The backsplash will be in a green subway tile like this one.

  5. We are going to keep our existing cabinets because they are in good shape. We are going to use Rustoleum's Cabinet Transformations to re-do our cabinets in white with glaze around the indentions and edges. I haven't made a final choice, but Quilter's White looks like what I'm going for.

  6. Butcher block countertops will be installed. We will probably go with Numerar from Ikea.

  7. I am in love with this dining set from World Market. I need to do some measuring though. Whatever set we go with, the wide plank top is a must for me. We also would like a table with a leaf. Since our kitchen is small, we need a small table for everyday use. But on special occasions it we be okay for it to be tighter in there and seat more people.

What do you think? These changes won't all take place at once or right away, but this is what I'm aiming towards.


Have you ever done an inspiration board?

No comments:

Post a Comment