Monday, May 20, 2013

House Tour: Baby Benji's nursery (Part 2)

It's time to show off the rest of Benjamin's nursery! I am so excited to share this room because I'm so happy with how everything turned out.

This is the view from the doorway.

 
To the left is his dresser and closet.

 
This dresser has been in our family for many, many years. It had a very dark stain on it when I received it. It needed to be restained or painted badly, but the solid wood frame and drawers were in excellent condition.

Originally I was going for ombre drawers, but it didn't work out. First the Lowe's paint guy gave me 2 of the same color paint pots. I mixed 2 colors together to get an in between color, but it didn't work quite right. Then, even though I was careful to keep the drawers in order, appprently I didn't do so well and the darkest drawer wouldn't fit in the bottom slot. So, we decided to just mix them and I really love how it turned out.

I reused the original pulls, but touched up the brass a little with some Rub n Buff.

 

The painting was done by my sister off an inspiration piece I found. Didn't she do a great job!!! The owl was my mom's when she was a kid. The lamp and gray bowl are from Target. The white pot is from Ikea. The deer is from a store in the mall.


The next wall over is our wood wall! I can't even say how much I love how it turned out!!! I sewed the curtains myself (fabric was purchased from fabric.com).

 
Close up of fabric:

 
Then we have our reading corner.

 
 
I had lots of inspiration from Pintrest and Etsy on the art. The geese, racoon, bear, and bobcat prints I found online, printed and framed. The quote I made up online and printed. The fox I made out of scrapbook paper. The deer I cut out and modge podged to the wood plaque I painted (I sell this in my Etsy shop). The tree trunk I printed out online then we used our thumb prints to create the leaves. The "wonder" plaque used to say cafe. I painted it and my mom cut out the letters on her Cricut. I modge podged them on.
 
 
 
The rocker is from Ikea and it is so comfortable! I made the pillow from burlap and stenciled the letters on.
 
 
 
My parents did the bookshelf for me. Since the dresser was off white, we couldn't find one to match. They bought this one and painted it with leftover paint from the dresser while I was on maternity leave. The bottom boxes house thin blankets and burp clothes. 
 
 
 
The last wall holds the crib. We ordered the crib from Walmart.com. The sides have wood slats that go well with the walls. Note: Benji is still in a bassenet in our room, so he doensn't sleep in his crib yet. That's why there are stuffed animals in it.
 

 The letters are cardboard letters that I got at Hobby Lobby and painted with silver paint for a zinc look.

 
 
We used Harrison's old mobile, but replaced the animals. I bought the patterns from Etsy and my mom sewed them.
 


I hope you like it as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment