Friday, June 7, 2013

Weight loss journey

I am a horrible dieter. I'll just put that out there for you to know. I will be totally motivated and then 10 minutes later I'm eating a candy bar. I'm horrible at resisting temptation. Also, I don't have a ton of extra time and I hate spending that time exercising. I'm not even going to lie and say I don't have time because I sitting here typing a blog post and I've been doing organizing projects - I have time. I'm not perfect. I'm not going to come in here saying I've stuck to my plan 100% and lost 10 lbs in a week. Even though I would love for it to be fast, I'm coming at this realistically. I will make mistakes. I will choose to skip a workout and cuddle on the couch with my husband and watch a movie. I will eat a piece of wedding or birthday cake. It is going to be about a lifestyle change, not a quick fix diet.

My plan is to cut back on my portions and try to watch my calories. My goal is 1200 calories a day, but I won't starve myself. I also want to work out a couple of times a week. I'm trying not to drink my calories. Mostly drinking water and green tea with diet soda occasionally.

I would like to reach my goal by September which I think is achievable. I'm probably not going to weight every week. We'll see how it goes. But I do want to post an update every week with how I'm doing. Possibly good recipes I've found or workouts I don't totally hate. If you want to join me, please do! Link your blog posts in the comments! It would be great encouragement.

Also, we have started working on painting the garage and hope to have it done by the end of the weekend!!! So excited to get to the fun part of painting and adding fun decorative touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment